Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Logitech Harmony 1000 Universal Remote


So it’s been a little while since I made a large, stupid, purchase. The last lapse of santiy I had came last spring, when I bought an obnoxious Traxxas Revo, a remote control truck that runs on actual fuel. I suppose with that setting the bar riduclously low, there was no way to go but up. So I ponied up $350 for a remote control… well now that I’m saying it out loud, it seems even more idiotic.

To feebly try and defend why I would spend such a ridiculous amount on a remote control, let me explain that I’ve sort of an amateur home theater fan. The crowning jewel of my otherwise mediocre setup is an Infocus Screenplay 61md10, a 61″ HDTV DLP. The one thing you start to realize as you get into this stuff, is that being able to simplify the control of your setup is crucial if you actually want to have friends. While I might have no problem fiddling with three remotes to watch a movie, the average person will find it maddening to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment